We Canadians understand the importance of a good poutine just like a righteous beavertail, Smokes does this patriotism justice.
Poutine is a sensitive, but fun, subject when it comes to us foodies, whether is the fries, the gravy or the cheese, we determine the right blend of the three to make it perfection.
– Bacon Cheeseburger Poutine, the perfect mix of some well cooked ground beef, seasoned accordingly and drizzled with their delicious gravy, with bacon to top. Mon Mon Mon.
– Chili Cheese Bacon Poutine, a twist on tex-mex chili, authentic with beans to match, cheese sauce added to the mix, topped again with… our fav, Bacon!
– Rainbow Poutine, a vegetarians delight. Guacamole, cheese sauce, sour cream and a whole other healthy goodness to not make you feel soo bad about the carb consumption. I am a personal fan of the fries, cheese sauce and sour cream blend. P.s. Gluten free gravy available, how cool is that.
– Pulled Pork Poutine, a classic, pork pulled and sauced with a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce to match on top of their classic poutine.
– Bacon Poutine, a go-to choice, your traditional with nothing that makes the dish better but bacon, as we all know, everything is better with bacon ????
Never the less, Smokes is ruling king when it comes to poutine and this is simply because they continue to innovate and keep on changing the poutine game for the better. If you find yourself any given evening, downtown Ottawa and in need of some good carbs, make your way over to Smokes Poutinerie for the perfect fix.
Kuddos Smokes and keep those friendly staff smiles coming!